GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 5238 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

fash0141
(Stranger )
11/13/12 01:53 PM
Beginner - HELP Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

For my dissertation proposal I said for part of my methodology I wanted to use GIS mapping software in order to establish any relationships between volunteer tourism destinations and tourist attractions. So for example, analyzing the distance between say the location of an orphanage in Peru and Machu Picchu, one of the main tourist destinations in Peru.  

I have never used anything like this before so have no idea how to use it. I downloaded QGIS and have been trying to read some tutorials but I am so confused. 

If someone could help me or point me in the direction of a tutorial that covers this? Also I dont even know what kind of data im going to be entering, for example how to I figure out the coordinates of Cusco in Peru? Do I need to create a database first? This is how clueless I am! 

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!Smile

Jump to

University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online

© 2020 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise