GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 218 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bellab
(Stranger )
05/13/20 09:01 AM
Using thermal bands on Landsat 5 to view oil slick Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am doing a study where I am viewing the Gulf of Mexico before and after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. I am looking to show the obvious oil slicks in the Gulf. I have done a bunch of research online on how to best view the oil slicks and many mention using thermal bands to view them since oil heats and cools differently than water. I am using Landsat 5 imagery, since the spill was in 2010.

Does anyone have any idea how I would go about this to get a result like this: https://imgur.com/Xs5bI2c

I am using ENVI, but am much more comfortable on ArcMap. Remote sensing is not my forte, so any help or techniques you would recommend to help would be amazing. Thank you!

Jump to

University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
UAV Expo2020 -Register   & save

© 2020 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise