GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 244 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

KJT
(Stranger )
05/12/20 07:33 AM
Imagery preprocessing for time series analysis Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, 

Currently, I am busy planning a project that will use Landsat time series data. However, I need some advice on a few aspects.

Firstly, I will collect Landsat imagery from 2009 till 2020 April. The imagery data set will be comprised off multiple Landsat sensors (5 7 and 8). I can download these images as part of the Collection 1 Level-1 processed imagery, or Level-2 processed imagery. The main difference being that level-2 data is processed to be surface reflectance values (atmospherically corrected by NASA), whereas Level-1 data can be converted to Top of Atmosphere (TOA) reflectance values. 

Question: For a time series analysis using Landsat imagery, which approach is better? Using Level-1 processed data and converting it to TOA reflectance (un-atmospherically corrected), or ordering Level-2 surface reflectance imagery and use as is. To complicate this further, I might include Sentinel data (either TOA or surface reflectance) as well.

Any opinion with scientific references are welcome. 

Jump to

University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
UAV Expo2020 -Register   & save

© 2020 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise