GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 16665 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anwar
(Stranger )
10/31/09 03:52 PM
landsat TM mosaicing Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Dear Guys,

I have downloaded two landsat TM images from USGS in different UTM (36 and 37) and may have different years. They were not specified as mosaic images by USGS but I checked both images have a common area. Today is the fourth day I spent to mosaic   these images but I couldn’t. I tried arcgis and idrisi. .  Idrisi told me the images have no the same spatialreference. ArcGis gave me distorted mosaic. the sattlite images have black background them which makes them even more difficult for me. i reformat raster to grid, raster to float etc. but nothing

Is there some one to help please?

Emaps
(Stranger )
02/04/11 09:11 AM
Re: landsat TM mosaicing new [re: Anwar]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Anwar

The GIS program can only make the mosaicing it if both images are in the same projection.

You will need to make a re-projection (coordinate transformation) of one of the images.

Best regards,
Eva Willerslev
Emaps

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
UAV Expo2020 -Register   & save

© 2020 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise