The American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing: The Imaging and Geospatial Information Society announces its 2021 Annual Conference to be held March 19 – April 2, 2021.
Due to continuing uncertainties and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, ASPRS will be conducting its 2021 Annual Conference virtually. The virtual conference format is an attractive convenient presentation venue for remote sensing professionals globally who are unable to travel. The 2020 ASPRS conference was also conducted virtually and was a great success.
The 2021 conference program will include:
- a multi-day series of technical sessions, including oral presentations, Ignite-Style talks, and invited panel discussions.
- 2-hour and 4-hour workshops conducted as live, instructor-led webinars.
- vendor spotlights and product demos
- the ASPRS Annual Business Meeting, which includes the Installation of Officers and Directors, Presidential Address, and presentation of 2021 Awards and Scholarships.
- annual Division, Council, and Committee meetings
We are seeking presentation abstracts based on ASPRS core disciplines in the collection, management, exploitation, and analysis of geospatial sources, data, and information. Topics sought include:
- innovative approaches to acquisition of remote sensing and geospatial data
- practical applications of remote sensing and geospatial data
- remote sensing data management and processing
- decision-making based on remote sensing and geospatial data at the local, state and federal level.
We are especially interested in contributions, focused on the future of imaging and geospatial information technologies, which provide a glimpse of developments on the horizon. Individuals from government agencies, private firms and universities are all encouraged to submit abstracts on these topics as they augment and challenge the geospatial future. Abstracts must be submitted electronically by February 15, 2021. For more information, please visit http://conferences.asprs.org/asprs-2021/call-for-abstracts/.
Stay tuned as more information becomes available, http://conferences.asprs.org/asprs-2021/!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email at Email Contact.
Established in 1934, the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) is a scientific association serving over 2,000 professional members around the world, providing its members professional development through education and networking experiences, professional certification, publications, scholarships, and other services. ASPRS advances the knowledge and improves understanding of mapping sciences to promote the responsible applications of photogrammetry, remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS) and supporting technologies.