NEW YORK, June 29, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as a top web design company within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Speed is very important to the overall effectiveness of your website. Along with being a ranking factor in Google's complex search algorithm, studies have shown that for every additional second a webpage takes to load beyond 3 seconds your conversion rate is reduced by 3%. That can add up quickly which is why taking the time to optimize your website, especially the images and graphics which are a common area of trouble, is important to the efficiency of your site. Today the NY based web design company, Lounge Lizard, provides 5 Optimization Tips for faster website load speed.
- Resize all images. Stock images along with original photos and graphics are often initially saved in large sizes because that is the best resolution for printing. However, for a website your images do not need to be any larger than 1000-pixel width at 72 dots per inch (DPI). The larger the image size the more space it takes on the server and the longer it will take to load. This can be especially troublesome for larges images used repeatedly such as a logo. The simplest fix is to resize your images to the specific need of your pages. The rare exception is images that can or need to be zoomed-in on therefore need the higher resolution.
- Try image optimization software. If you have photoshop or any other photo editing software then you are in a position to optimize images. There are also plenty of free and cheap options on the market as well. You can then optimize and compress images down to a manageable and faster loading size.
- Use the correct image file type. Fun fact, not all file types load at the same speed because different file types use different amounts of space. JPEG, GIF, and PNG are the only file types you should be using on the web. Other file types, such as BMP or TIFF take up much more space and should not be used.
- Add useful WordPress plugins. If you are using WordPress as your content management system, then you need to make sure that you are using plugins to optimize your images. You can search the third-party plugins for ones that can perform tasks such as automatically re-sizing images after uploads. This can be a big time saver and also is useful when you have multiple people using the CMS as you won't need to remind them to optimize images when WordPress will then take care of it automatically.
- Consider a CDN. A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is one of the best ways to increase overall website speed. We listed it last because unlike the other tips, this one has a higher out of pocket expense. What a CDN does is to cache pages on multiple servers either in your area or around the globe if needed. Then when someone makes a local request for your website, rather than traveling all the way to the host server, they can obtain information from the closer cache servers. While it might not seem like much, those round trips can really add up depending on the complexity and design of your site.
Lounge Lizard is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, Email Contact
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard
|Company Name: Lounge Lizard