SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 15, 2014—Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today a new version of its Trimble® Positions™ software suite. This new version includes automated workflows to streamline data collection and increase productivity for GIS professionals in a variety of industries such as utility companies, environmental management agencies and municipalities.
With Trimble Positions, GIS professionals benefit from increased productivity through a streamlined and integrated workflow for managing GNSS data collection. Trimble Positions is a collection of Esri software extensions that provide high-accuracy capabilities on the Trimble GeoExplorer®, Juno®, and Yuma® series of field handheld computers, and on Trimble Pro series receivers. Positions software enables high-accuracy GNSS collection on Trimble devices while using familiar Esri workflows to ensure data integrity. New automated workflows in the software further simplify data processing and management.
“Our customers expect high-quality data, and we need to give them the most efficient means of collecting and managing that data too,” said Alain Samaha, business area director of GIS and Software for Trimble’s Geospatial Division. “Trimble Positions software was specifically developed to meet the needs of our customer that utilize Trimble GNSS devices and Esri workflows. We understand our customers have different requirements and the Trimble Positions solution delivers to meet their needs.”
The latest version of Trimble Positions includes:
- Automated Session Processor: Optimizes easier, faster GNSS session data processing with a stand-alone tool to perform automated check-in, postprocessing and feature updates.
- Project Wizard: Saves time and avoids errors by guiding users through a step-by-step project set-up featuring streamlined administration screens.
- ArcGIS Online Hosted Features Services: Gives users the ability to select ArcGIS Online hosted feature services as a data source allowing them to directly pull their project data from ArcGIS Online into their field collection projects.
- Trimble Enhanced GPS Device Support: Positions software is now compatible with the Trimble Juno 5 enhanced GPS handheld and Yuma 2 enhanced GPS rugged tablet for increased choice of device and accuracy level that can be achieved.
- Mean Sea Level Heights: Provides greater flexibility by including an option to utilize a geoid model for measuring heights, in addition to the existing ellipsoid model option.
- Integration with TerraFlex™ Software: Saves time by streamlining data transfer between TerraFlex mobile data collection software and ArcGIS for Desktop. This feature integrates the TerraFlex Desktop add-in with the Trimble Positions Desktop add-in to remove the need for separate installations. In addition, fast and easy interoperability is enabled through TerraFlex projects support in the Positions project wizard.
- Support for Trimble RTX™ technology-enabled Geo 7X handhelds: Provides autonomous, real-time submeter positioning in cellular environments with access to Trimble RTX services for Geo 7X users.
The Trimble Positions Desktop Add-In, Mobile Extension, Mobile Project Center and Session Processor are available now through Trimble’s authorized GIS Distribution Channel. The Trimble Positions ArcPad Extension is expected to be available in mid-January 2015. To learn more, go to: www.trimble.com/positions.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.