Version 2.2 makes the enterprise-wide Canvas experience both more powerful and more economical on smartphones, tablets, PCs and video walls
HAYWARD, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 1, 2014 — Jupiter Systems, the world’s leading supplier of collaborative visualization solutions for global enterprises and public agencies today introduced Canvas 2.2, an updated version of its collaborative visualization solution. Canvas 2.2 was developed to more efficiently deliver shared video, data, and other mission-critical information to control centers and remote teams via video walls, PCs, tablets and smartphones.
Jupiter Systems Announces Canvas 2.2, the New Version of its Award-Winning Collaborative Visualization Suite Version 2.2 which makes the enterprise-wide Canvas experience both more powerful and more economical on smartphones, tablets, PCs and video walls. (Photo: Business Wire)
Canvas 2.2 offers a variety of new features and capabilities designed to improve performance and enhance enterprise-wide collaboration, including:
New Canvas Media Server – A faster, more efficient media server
provides more capacity for mobile clients.
- Dynamic allocation of mobile clients to transcoders - Transcoder resources are assigned on demand, eliminating the need for 1:1 allocation and wasted capacity.
- Transcoder sharing - Multiple mobile users can view the same stream simultaneously, economizing on Media Server resources.
Enhanced Canvas Mobile Client
- Encryption of mobile sources - Upstream video from mobile devices is encrypted with AES 128/256 encryption, including SHA-1, 80-bit authentication. Video sent downstream to mobile devices is protected with HTTP basic authentication and SSL encryption.
- Mobile video preview - Users can see the upstreaming video from their devices in a preview window.
- Mobile invitations - PC users can send invitations to share a canvas and collaborate to other PC and mobile users.
- Multiple mobile device support for each user – Users are not bound to a specific device. Licensed Canvas Mobile users can access Canvas on any mobile device with a client.
- Direct DVI Input for Local Display - DVI inputs can be connected to a Fusion Catalyst display wall processor running Canvas for display on the attached video wall. Now the local video wall can be used for making in-room presentations or viewing other sources not intended for sharing and collaboration.
- Interactive Web Windows as a Source - Web pages can now be incorporated as sources in a canvas.
- Source Tagging - Users can tag, sort and search sources from PC and mobile clients.
Canvas is an essential collaboration tool for global enterprises to access and share critical information, communicate and solve problems, at any location, on almost any device. Canvas enables remote colleagues to share real-time video and data, chat, annotate and whiteboard, working together on smartphones, tablets, PCs and videowalls, as if all of the users were in the same room.
“The latest update of our Canvas solution, Canvas 2.2, is designed to make collaboration even easier and more efficient for enterprise-wide teams in a wide variety of industries and public sector agencies,” said Brady O. Bruce, Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Alliances, for Jupiter Systems. “As the demand grows for seamless, secure collaboration on any device, we believe that Canvas users will have a competitive advantage by achieving an unprecedented level of real-time communication and visibility into business-critical data, live video streams, and any other crucial information that must be monitored to ensure organizational success.”
Canvas has been adopted by a wide variety of leading companies and public sector organizations covering a broad variety of applications, including PG&E (a Fortune 500 electric and gas utility), AbbVie (a Fortune 500 healthcare products company), TIAA-CREF (a Fortune 100 financial services firm), ConocoPhilips (a global oil and gas enterprise), and the Port of Los Angeles (America’s busiest container port), among many others.
About Jupiter Systems
Jupiter Systems is the leading worldwide supplier of collaborative visualization solutions for videowalls, PCs, smartphones and tablets. Jupiter’s best-of-breed products are designed for continuous, 24/7 operation and are used in leading Global 2000 enterprise, government, public agency, and military operations in thousands of installations throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.jupiter.com.
New Venture Marketing
Robin Stavisky, 650-858-1070