For Immediate Release: Idaho Falls, ID, Feb 14, 2014
Optimal Solutions Software the leading supplier of 3D real-time morphing and shape optimization technology is proud to announce the release of Sculptor version 3.5. Working closely with our customers to identify features and improvements we have made Sculptor easier to use and more powerful than ever. This release of Sculptor also brings with it dramatically enhanced Mesh Matching functionality with Sculptor+ Match.
“Sculptor 3.5 is a breakthrough technology for reusing models. ” says Dr. Mark Landon CTO of Optimal Solutions Software. “The unique model matching capabilities can improve both efficiency of making models suitable for design decisions.”
When used in combination with other modules in the Sculptor family, Sulptor+ Match allows for matching models from various sources such as CAD-CAD, CAD-mesh, mesh-mesh, and mesh-CAD. An initial model and a target model are used to quickly determine a shape modification required to achieve matching of the initial and target model shapes. This shape modification can then be applied to a 3rd model. Some illustrate applications that this enables are:
- matching analysis models for different physics to a deformed or morphed shape (ie CFD to deformed, Hot to cold running shapes)
- modifying design models to a deformed shape
- modifying design models to an optimal shape from analysis
- modifying design models to account for spring back and other deformations from a manufacturing process (determine initial shape needed to achieve target final shape)
- matching design or analysis models to as-built or as-is conditions
- matching design or analysis models to biomedical data from MRI or CAT scans
Sculptor version 3.5 offers several enhancements to Sculptor’s ability to reuse 3D data for creating better designs by leveraging the highly efficient Arbitrary Shape Deformation (ASD) real-time morphing technology.
- Shape Matching in Sculkptor+ Match extended
- to handle different topologies and model types.
- Color contouring added .
- Nodal pairs selection added.
- Multiview support added.
- Point, Spline, and Surface Morphers added
- Faster algorithm for “freezing” models to Arbitray Shape Domains (ASDs)
- Groups Dialog updated to allow modifying an existing group.
- Fieldview translator updated to support binary files.
- import/export for LS-DYNA models added.
About Optimal Solutions Software
Optimal Solutions Software is a leading provider of 3D real-time morphing and shape optimization technology. Optimal Solutions was founded in 2002 based on design optimization research at Brigham Young University and released the Sculptor family of products in 2005. Optimal Solutions distributes Sculptor worldwide through a growing distributor network and clients include: Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Volvo, Harley Davidson, Speedo, Williams F1, Borg Warner and many others.. Optimal Solutions software has offices in Idaho Falls, ID. For more information, visit the Sculptor web site at www.gosculptor.com or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.