- New approach to metal 3D printing that incorporates proprietary jetting technology and results in 80% reduction in cost per part for aluminum components compared to other additive technologies.
- Ability to 3D print “green state” parts with standard metal powders, beginning with aluminum, that are post processed via industry standard powder metallurgy processes and workflows.
- Part properties achievable with the technology include final parts with density and isotropy that is significantly higher than existing additive solutions, and near identical chemical composition compared to parts created by conventional methods.
- The solution has been optimized for production rather than prototyping, making it highly efficient and commercially viable for a wide range of applications.
- For the first time, showcased end-use production parts produced on the new metal platform.
New Partnership and Customer Announcements
A growing number of companies are moving through the adoption cycle of additive manufacturing technologies as they transition from early adoption to certification and qualification, and then onto final production applications. Recent examples include:
- Adoption of Stratasys technology for production applications demonstrated by the establishment of a Singapore-based additive manufacturing service center in a joint venture with SIA Engineering Company to provide 3D printed parts for use in commercial aviation and to service the maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) market.
- Eckhart Inc. and Stratasys collaborating to advance the adoption of 3D printing for factory tooling in North America. Eckhart has been developing factory tools for over 60 years, and is utilizing Stratasys’ FDM technology and advanced materials to pursue weight-savings, simplified bills of material, and enhanced operator visibility.
- Stratasys’ recently launched J700 Dental 3D Printer has been adopted for production applications by leading dental labs that include DynaFlex and Ortoplus.
“We are encouraged by the growing number of companies that are making significant progress in pursuing certifications for specific high value applications,” continued Levin. “Our recent collaborations deepen these efforts as our customers move towards production applications, designing and manufacturing with confidence.”
Stratasys today reiterated the following information regarding the company’s guidance for projected revenue and net income for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2018:
- Revenue guidance of $670 to $700 million.
- GAAP net loss of $41 to $25 million, or ($0.75) to ($0.46) per diluted share.
- Non-GAAP net income of $16 to $27 million, or $0.30 to $0.50 per diluted share.
Stratasys reiterated the following additional guidelines regarding the company’s projected performance and strategic plans for 2018:
- Non-GAAP operating margins of 4.5% to 6%.
- Capital expenditures are projected at $40 to $50 million.
The Company’s guidance reflects increased investments in R&D, tools, materials, and additional resources aimed at expanding addressable markets by accelerating development efforts for the new metal additive manufacturing platform, further advancements based on our FDM and PolyJet technologies, and specific go-to-market initiatives in order to deepen customer engagement.
Given the expected ongoing negative impact of not recording a tax benefit on U.S. tax losses on the Company’s non-GAAP net income, the Company believes that the rate of growth in its non-GAAP operating income will be the best measure of performance.
Non-GAAP earnings guidance excludes $32 to $34 million of projected amortization of intangible assets; $17 to $19 million of share-based compensation expense; and $7 to $9 million in reorganization and other related costs; and includes $4 to $5 million in tax expenses related to non-GAAP adjustments.
Stratasys Ltd. Q1 2018 Conference Call Details
The Company plans to hold the conference call to discuss its first quarter financial results on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. (ET).
The investor conference call will be available via live webcast on the Stratasys Web site at www.stratasys.com under the "Investors" tab; or directly at the following web address: https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/6zpd5mm6.
To participate by telephone, the domestic dial-in number is (866)
394-5776 and the international dial-in is (409) 350-3596. The access
code is 2128479.