- Car infotainment: A word coined from Information and Entertainment. It combines in one word: a comfortable driving milieu; music and video entertainment; the display of traffic and emergency information, etc.
- SoC: An abbreviation of System-on-a-chip. An integrated chip equipped with the necessary functions (the system) on a single semiconductor chip.
- R-Car: Renesas’ lineup of SoCs for automotive information systems including car navigation systems.
- HSMC(High Speed Mezzanine Connector): High-speed transfer-capable expansion interface equipped on Altera evaluation boards.
- eDP: An abbreviation of Embedded DisplayPort. An interface for built-in display ports, which acts as an interface for existing digital displays.
About Altima Corp.
Altima Corporation, founded in 1991, provides sales, service and technical support for semiconductors and other global leading-edge high-performance products in the Japanese market. Since its establishment, Altima has been one of the world's leading distributors of Altera (U.S.) CPLD/FPGA products. Altima provides total support services, from developmental support for products that utilize Altera products, to technical support and programming services. Altima also provides customers with a one-stop total solution by carrying a wide variety of leading-edge products that cover a broad range of applications, such as communications equipment, industrial equipment, digital consumer devices, storage devices, and OA devices - as well as providing technical support for those products.
For more information about Altima, please visit http://www.altima.co.jp/en/index.html
Mpression™ is a family of technical solutions to help Macnica Group’s electronics design customers, combining the technical expertise and solutions developed by Macnica Group companies worldwide. In addition to its renowned technical support as a leading global distributor, Macnica takes another step ahead with Mpression solutions to integrate the technical knowledge and solutions built by all Macnica Group companies to accelerate customers’ product design process. The Mpression solutions include evaluation boards, reference designs, IP building blocks and software, and are offered not only by the companies who developed them, but also other Macnica group companies operating in Asia Pacific, Americas and Europe. For more details about Mpression, please refer to the web site: http://www.m-pression.com/
*Company names mentioned in this press release and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
For inquiries concerning this press release, please contact:
[Press member inquiry contacts]
Yukako Kumakura, Marketing Department
[Customer inquiries concerning products]
Masahiko Sakai, Technology Division, Solutions Dept.1