The company notes that forward-looking statements of future performance made in this release are based upon current expectations and are subject to factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested here, including those factors set forth in the Safe Harbor Statement below.
Investor Call Today
Exelis senior management will host a conference call for investors today at 10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time to review first-quarter 2013 financial results, as well as to answer questions. The briefing can be monitored live via webcast at the following address on the company's website: www.exelisinc.com/investors.
About ITT Exelis
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and technical services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in communications, sensing and surveillance, critical networks, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in C4ISR, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 19,900 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Safe Harbor Statement
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the “Act”): Some of the information included herein includes forward-looking statements intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the “Act”). Whenever used, words such as “anticipate,” “estimate,” “expect,” “project,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “target,” “may,” “could,” “outlook” and other terms of similar meaning are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are uncertain and to some extent unpredictable, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied from, such forward-looking statements. The company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. In addition, forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the company’s historical experience and our present expectations or projections. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to:
- Our dependence on the defense industry and the business risks peculiar to that industry, including changing priorities or reductions in the U.S. government or international defense budgets;
- Government regulations and compliance therewith, including changes to the Department of Defense procurement process;
- Our international operations, including sales to foreign customers;
- Competition, industry capacity and production rates;
- Misconduct of our employees, subcontractors, agents and business partners;
- The level of returns on postretirement benefit plan assets and potential employee benefit plan contributions and other employment and pension matters;
- Changes in interest rates and other factors that affect earnings and cash flows;
- The mix of our contracts and programs, our performance, and our ability to control costs;
- Governmental investigations;
- Our level of indebtedness and our ability to make payments on or service our indebtedness;
- Subcontractor performance;
- Economic and capital markets conditions;
- The availability and pricing of raw materials and components;
- Ability to retain and recruit qualified personnel;
- Protection of intellectual property rights;
- Changes in technology;
- Contingencies related to actual or alleged environmental contamination, claims and concerns;
- Security breaches and other disruptions to our information technology and operations; and
- Unanticipated changes in our tax provisions or exposure to additional income tax liabilities.