Industry professionals will demonstrate ESRI-based applications benefitting the government, insurance, transportation and utilities industriesSAN DIEGO, July 12 — (PRNewswire) — NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, will feature a variety of customer demonstrations at the 2010 ESRI International User Conference in San Diego, CA (booth #1501), July 12-16, 2010. NAVTEQ customers will demonstrate how their enterprise applications, powered by NAVTEQ map data and content, increase efficiencies to the government, insurance, transportation and utilities industries.
NAVTEQ is again a Gold Sponsor of the ESRI International User Conference, as well as a Platinum Sponsor of the Transportation Industry Special Interest Group and a sponsor of the Federal Reception. New this year, NAVTEQ is also sponsoring the ESRI Business GIS Summit, ESRI Homeland Security GIS Summit, ESRI Public Safety Showcase, ESRI Defense & Intelligence showcase, and the ESRI Latin America Regional User Group.
Demonstrations by NAVTEQ and customers delivered during exhibit hours include:
- Government: BroadMap will be demonstrating MapConnect™ Enterprise, a user-friendly GIS platform for enterprise solutions based on NAVTEQ® map data for the United States. This product enables rich map display, accurate geocoding, and routing functionality for a wide variety of government and commercial users. The unique data format of MapConnect™ Enterprise has been designed specifically for out-of-the-box ease of use. MapConnect™ Enterprise represents a new product offering in the delivery of enterprise geospatial data that is solely focused on the enterprise GIS market across government and commercial users.
- Insurance: NAVTEQ will focus on its suite of boundary and addressing products that benefit enterprise GIS users in the insurance industry, including Census and Postal Boundaries as well as Point Addressing. Learn how the NAVTEQ map database enables seamless integration across multiple platforms and departments and applications to meet key insurance enterprise needs including growing demand for Pay As You Drive (PAYD) applications.
- Transportation: Trimble will highlight the Trimble Yuma tablet, an integral part of the Trimble family of mapping and GIS solutions. The tablet is compatible with a full range of professional GIS data collection and utilities field solutions software, including Trimble Fieldport® and UtilityCenter® software for GIS mapping and redlining, asset maintenance, mobile workforce management, and outage response. Users can easily integrate the Trimble Yuma tablet into their current workflows, alongside other Trimble field equipment.
- Utilities: RAMTeCH will showcase gMaintenance, a software solution that enables clients to reconcile and synchronize changes and updates from new releases of NAVTEQ map data with their internal land base and data maintenance activities. The gMaintenance software is built using ESRI technology and supports ESRI customer needs within the Utilities, Telecommunications and Government space.
- Utilities: RouteSmart Technologies, Inc. will feature RouteSmart for ArcGIS, an advanced, ESRI-based application used by utilities to streamline their field service logistics. Application areas within utilities include meter reading, turn-on/turn-off service, cycle day balancing, and routing.
NAVTEQ will highlight NAVTEQ True™, the company's new mapping collection system, which further enhances NAVTEQ's ability to deliver a growing range of high quality digital map data. Through a combination of LiDAR, panoramic and high resolution cameras, GPS and IMU positioning all of the data collected is geo-referenced, making it possible to superimpose both imagery and 3D data points together to create a more highly detailed digital representation.
"We encourage ESRI IUC attendees to visit NAVTEQ at our booth and numerous sponsorship events to learn how NAVTEQ map data and content can be easily integrated into ESRI software applications for a number of key industry verticals," commented Roy Kolstad, vice president, Enterprise Americas, NAVTEQ. "Additionally, visitors to our booth can interact with some of NAVTEQ's most innovative customers and see first-hand how their products solve market needs."
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (digital location content) enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies comprehensive digital location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 4700 employees located in 204 offices in 46 countries.
NAVTEQ is a trademark in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
Stella Smith of NAVTEQ
Email Contact for NAVTEQ