May 12, 2022 (Des Plaines, IL) - URISA is pleased to announce three opportunities to attend the GIS Leadership Academy (GLA) in 2022.
Grab a seat at this popular five-day training program which explores topics ranging from GIS strategic planning and team building to change management, resource allocation, ROI, and capacity building. Instructors, all GISPs, are experienced GIS professionals who have successfully navigated the challenges of increased leadership and management responsibilities in a technical field.
The URISA GIS Leadership Academy includes interactive exercises, small-group discussions, team-building activities, and opportunities to delve into topics in a way you cannot do at a large conference. Participation is intentionally limited in order to encourage such interaction.
The Academy will be hosted in-person at these two locations in the coming months:
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (August 8-12, 2022)
- Santa Rosa, California (October 31-November 4, 2022)
It will also be presented virtually June 27-July 1, 2022. (It is likely that a second virtual offering will be added in December, based on faculty availability.)
With more than 1,000 graduates over its fifteen year history, the GLA is regularly rated highly by participants. Consider these recent testimonials:
- "Highly recommend URISA's GLA no matter where you are in your geospatial career or organization. GIS is a disruptive technology to any business organization. From wherever we sit in our organization, we as GIS professionals need to lead this constant change and help our organizations adapt. The GLA gives you these tools and valuable discussions among other GIS professionals." (2021 GLA Minneapolis Graduate)
- "The GLA was a great program to help any GIS professional recognize their role as a geospatial leader. One of the best trainings I’ve participated in." (2021 GLA St. Pete, FL Graduate)
- "I cannot say enough about the quality and value of the GLA. I never would have expected to learn so much in 1 week. Though like drinking from the fire hydrant at times, the content was applicable, well thought out, and practical! I will be a better leader, regardless of organization size, because of my experience! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of it and learn." (2021 Virtual GLA Graduate)
Learn more here and register soon.
Executive Director – URISA
URISA GIS Leadership Academy: June 27-July 1, 2022 – Virtual
URISA GIS Leadership Academy: August 8-12, 2022 – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
GIS-Pro 2022: October 2-6, 2022 – Boise, Idaho
URISA GIS Leadership Academy: October 31-November 4, 2022 – Santa Rosa, California