Fueled by Double-Digit Revenue Growth Driven by Housing Market Activity and Share Gains, Operating Leverage and Cost Productivity
Returned $595 Million to Shareholders in 2020 Through Share Repurchases and Dividends
IRVINE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — March 1, 2021 — CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a leading global provider of property information, insight, analytics and data-enabled solutions, today reported financial results for the full-year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020.
Full-Year and Fourth Quarter Financial(1) and Business Highlights
Growth Focus – Share Gains, Mega Wins and Pricing Drive Organic Growth Rates
- Full-year revenues totaled $1.642 billion, up 14%. Revenues were up approximately 20%, normalizing for $69 million of revenues attributable to non-core default technology units sold and the AMC transformation, which have no 2020 counterpart, and impacts attributable to COVID-19 of approximately $19 million.
- Fourth quarter revenues of $468 million were up 33% over the prior year. PIRM segment organic growth totaled 7%, benefiting from double-digit growth in property insights and international. UWS revenues grew 51% on strong market volumes and market outperformance in tax and flood zone solutions, credit solutions and valuations platforms.
- Strong share gains, including mega wins in both segments, drove 2020 full-year organic revenue growth to approximately 8%.
- During 2020, secured two mega wins in insurance and spatial solutions including a significant strategic win of a top 5 U.S. insurance carrier for CoreLogic’s next-generation integrated insurance solution.
- Core mortgage market outperformance in tax and flood zone solutions and double-digit growth in credit solutions and valuations platforms. During 2020, secured two mega wins in tax payment processing and collateral valuations which were successfully onboarded in second half 2020.
Profitability – Operating Leverage, Favorable Mix and Productivity Fuel Expanded Profit and Margins
- Operating income of $331 million, up by $209 million
- Operating leverage and productivity demonstrated by reduction in run-rate operating expenses on significantly higher revenues
- Net income from continuing operations of $264 million, up by $230 million
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations of $3.28; Adjusted EPS of $4.26, up 77%
- Adjusted EBITDA of $638 million, up 45%
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of 39%, up 830 basis points
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Operating income of $120 million, up by $70 million
- Net income from continuing operations of $86 million, up by $61 million
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations of $1.10; Adjusted EPS of $1.51, up 113%
- Adjusted EBITDA of $203 million, up 69%
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of 43%, up 930 basis points
Liquidity and Capital Return – Record Cash Flow Generation
- Net operating cash provided by continuing operations for the 12 months ended December 31, 2020 was $491 million. Free cash flow ("FCF") for the 12 months ended December 31, 2020 totaled $392 million or 61% of adjusted EBITDA
- Debt outstanding on December 31, 2020 of $1.89 billion compared with $1.69 billion on December 31, 2019
- $450.0 million available on revolving credit facility; covenant debt leverage at 2.7 times
- Repurchased $500 million of our common shares in the fourth quarter, 2020 full-year repurchases totaled $509 million
- Dividends paid to shareholders totaled $86 million for full year 2020
(1) The Company’s financial results presented in this release reflect continuing operations. Reseller operations held for sale are presented as discontinued operations for all periods presented.
Consistent with our previously announced intentions, the Company has exited its multi-family tenant screening operations and intends to exit its mortgage credit and borrower verification operations. Although market leaders in their respective business areas, these reseller businesses are not compatible with the Company’s long-term strategic imperatives. The divestiture of these operations is expected to improve the Company’s revenue growth trends, revenue mix, and significantly enhance profit margins. These reseller operations have been classified as discontinued operations and prior period results have been presented on a comparable basis.
In October 2020, we consummated the sale of a component of our multi-family tenant screening business for $9 million of proceeds. In February 2021, we sold the remainder of our multi-family tenant screening business for proceeds of $51 million.
CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), the leading provider of property insights and solutions, promotes a healthy housing market and thriving communities. Through its enhanced property data solutions, services and technologies, CoreLogic enables real estate professionals, financial institutions, insurance carriers, government agencies and other housing market participants to help millions of people find, buy, and protect their homes. For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com.
Safe Harbor / Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements made in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including but not limited to those statements related to (i) projections and trends regarding financial performance and operating results, including with respect to revenue growth, margin gains, contract wins, market share gains, new products, and long-term stockholder value, and (ii) our intention to exit our reseller operations. Risks and uncertainties exist that may cause the results to differ materially from those set forth in these forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause the anticipated results to differ from those described in the forward-looking statements include the risks and uncertainties set forth in Part I, Item 1A of our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and in Part II, Item 1A of our subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, as such risk factors may be amended, supplemented, or superseded from time to time by other reports we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to: the potential impact of, and any potential developments related to, the proposed acquisition of the Company by Stone Point Capital and Insight Partners, as well as the competing proposed acquisition of the Company by CoStar Group, Inc.; the potential impact of, and any potential developments related to, activist shareholder activity; compromises in the security or stability of our data and systems, including from cyber-based attacks, the unauthorized transmission of confidential information or systems interruptions, which could impair the delivery of our products and services; changes in applicable government legislation, regulations and the level of regulatory scrutiny affecting our clients or us, including with respect to consumer financial services and the use of public records and consumer data; reliance on our top ten clients for a significant portion of our revenue and profit; intense competition in the market against third parties and the in-house capabilities of our clients; risks related to the outsourcing of services and international operations; potential impairment of our substantial goodwill and other intangible assets; the potential impact that the COVID-19 pandemic, or the perception of its effects, may have on our business; our ability to protect proprietary technology rights and avoid infringement of others’ proprietary technology rights; the level of our indebtedness, our ability to service our indebtedness and the restrictions in our various debt agreements; our ability to realize the anticipated benefits of certain acquisitions and the timing thereof; the impact of our adoption of a shareholder rights plan; difficult or uncertain conditions in the mortgage and consumer lending industries and the economy generally; and our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel.. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made. CoreLogic does not undertake to update forward-looking statements to reflect circumstances or events that occur after the date the forward-looking statements are made.