- Next generation of Quantix™ and AV Decision Support System™ (AV DSS) delivers performance improvements that optimize the user experience – on the ground, in the field, and in the air
- New features include Variable Rate Layer for integration with a wide range of Farm Management Software including John Deere Operations Center, and Quick resolution option that decreases total data upload and processing time by 50%
- Coming Soon – Plant Count Beta Trial program will provide growers with access to on-demand data analytics that quantify stand count and plant emergence
- Starting at $5,500, three new pricing options enable individual growers, enterprise agriculture businesses and ag service providers to choose the right Quantix & AV DSS product package to drive their business forward
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 12, 2019 — AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both defense and commercial applications, today introduced the next generation of its Quantix™ VTOL hybrid drone and the AeroVironment Decision Support System™ (AV DSS) for precision agriculture. Enhancements across the Quantix & AV DSS ecosystem deliver a combination of new features, performance improvements and product package offferings – designed to meet the needs of individual growers, precision ag service providers and large-scale farming operations.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190212005392/en/
AeroVironment's powerfully simple to use Quantix VTOL hybrid drone and Decision Support System includes new features optimized for the needs of growers, enterprise ag businesses, and ag service providers (Photo: AeroVironment, Inc.)
“The response from growers to Quantix & AV DSS across the country has been very positive,” says Jeff Rodrian, director, Commercial Information Solutions, AeroVironment. “The ag community values a powerfully simple to use drone and data analytics ecosystem that captures field data quickly, and quantifies it in a format they can act on immediately.”
Featuring an innovative VTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) hybrid design, Quantix is purpose-built for crop scouting and can survey up to 400 acres in just 45 minutes. During flight, integrated sensors capture high-resolution color and multispectral imagery via dual 18MP cameras. On-board processing delivers true color and NDVI imagery on the included operating tablet as soon as the drone lands, allowing growers to ground-truth issues while still in the field. For more detailed analysis, Quantix seamlessly integrates with AV DSS to perform advanced image processing and data analytics including True Color, NDVI, GNDVI, canopy coverage, anomaly detection and more, providing users with deeper insights into plant emergence, vegetative health, inputs and resource management.
“We worked closely with our customers to develop the next generation of Quantix & AV DSS and deliver the actionable intelligence that today’s growers need to drive their business forward and maximize every acre,” added Rodrian.
On-Demand Field Intelligence – Optimized
Ready for the 2019 growing season, Quantix & AV DSS include a number of new features, performance improvements and safety enhancements designed to optimize the user experience – on the ground, in the field and in the air. Best of all, these new features are available to current and future Quantix & AV DSS users at no additional cost.
- Variable Rate Layer – Users can now view, download or import a Variable Rate Layer into a wide-range of Farm Management Software to create geo-referenced application maps and prescriptions for use with variable rate controllers and hardware systems
- John Deere Operations Center Connected – With single click data transfer, exporting Variable Rate maps from AV DSS into John Deere Operations Center is as easy as 1,2,3. Plus, John Deere Operations Center users can now easily import field boundaries into AV DSS to create geo-referenced locations for future Quantix flights
- Quick Resolution Imagery – In areas with slower internet connection, users can select Quick resolution imagery, decreasing total upload and processing time by 50%, while still performing AV DSS’ full suite of data analytics
- Coming Soon – Plant Count Beta Trial – Just in time for the 2019 growing season, AV DSS users will be able to participate in a Plant Count Beta Trial program at no additional cost. Utilizing machine learning and advance image recognition algorithms, this on-demand data product will provide growers with access to data analytics that quantify stand count and plant emergence
New Pricing Packages – Maximize the Return On Every Acre