Company adds new Noise Figure Measurements to FieldFox Handheld Analyzers
SANTA ROSA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 29, 2018 — Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, along with the largest ecosystem of solution partners, will showcase solutions related to 5G Communications, Internet of Things (IoT), and Aerospace & Defense (A&D) at the International Microwave Symposium (IMS) in the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, June 10 – 15, 2018.
Keysight experts will be available at the company’s booth (#1325) to discuss simulation, design, and test topics revolving around:
- 5G NR – Enabling the entire ecosystem to characterize and validate new 5G products across the workflow by leveraging common development tools. End-to-end solutions allow 5G modem chipset and device manufacturers to address new technical requirements related to wider signal bandwidths, mmWave frequencies, and Massive MIMO in Over-the-Air (OTA) test environments.
- Next Generation WLAN – Delivering the industry’s most extensive offering of WLAN simulation and test solutions to bring insights in R&D, validation, and manufacturing.
- Component Characterization - Measuring high-power devices which incorporates couplers, switches, amplifiers, isolators, and other components needed for complete device test and design with transmit and receive paths, like beam-forming ICs with integrated GaN amplifiers used in upcoming 5G wireless-communications devices.
- Radar and Electronic Warfare – Displaying leading-edge technology innovations in A&D within the RF/uW environment to open new areas of innovation back into A&D.
- Automotive Radar - Providing solutions from early design simulation through Research & Development (R&D) and manufacturing to solve current and future automotive radar design and test challenges.
- PathWave - Managers and leaders of design, test, and manufacturing teams can improve handoff time, integrate new equipment faster, and scale resources.
- Calibration, Repair, and other Services - Industry-leading array of people, processes, and tools focused to assist with the implementation of new technologies and engineer improved processes to lower costs.
Keysight is also pleased to announce, and display at IMS 2018, the addition of Noise Figure (NF) measurements to its FieldFox Handheld Analyzers. Transforming the Keysight FieldFox handheld microwave analyzer into noise figure (NF) mode provides portable one-button noise figure and gain measurements to characterize devices including low noise amplifiers (LNAs), frequency converters, and receivers using the industry proven Y-factor technique.
“FieldFox provides real-time feedback on measurement integrity with built-in uncertainty bars that can be displayed on the measurement data,” said Dan Dunn, Vice President/General Manager Aerospace Defense & Government Solutions, at Keysight Technologies. “By combining noise figure measurements with full 2-port vector network analysis, spectrum analysis, and power sensor integration, customers now have access to complete characterization of amplifiers and converters in the field or repair depots.”
Keysight is an IMS Gold and 5G Summit Corporate Sponsor. For more information about Keysight’s participation, visit International Microwave Symposium 2018.
Award Recipient - Frost & Sullivan 2018 Global RF T&M Market Leadership Award
Based on a recent analysis of the global radio frequency (RF) test and measurement (T&M) market, Frost & Sullivan recognized Keysight with the 2018 Global RF Test and Measurement Market Leadership Award. Per the Frost & Sullivan report, Keysight RF test equipment and software-integrated solutions address the challenges created by new, increasingly complex technologies.
"Having operated for nearly eight decades in the RF T&M market, Keysight has a significant installed base in the mobile communications and aerospace and defense industries that continuously demand new solutions to test the constantly evolving communication technologies," said Industry Director Jessy Cavazos. "Keysight is the only company in the RF T&M market that offers all form factors (traditional, modular, and portable) covering every stage of the product lifecycle, including simulation, research, development, design validation, manufacturing, and installation and maintenance."
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:
KEYS ) is a leading technology company
that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate
innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions
optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at
a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype
validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud
environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem,
aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general
electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.2B in fiscal
year 2017. In April 2017, Keysight acquired Ixia, a leader in network
test, visibility, and security. More information is available at