- HP Connection Inspector, an intelligent embedded security feature created by HP Labs, to help printers stay ahead of malware attacks with advanced self-healing capabilities
- HP Roam, a new business printing solution for secure cloud printing where work happens
- HP Solutions Hub, a workflow optimization platform integrating paper seamlessly for digital
- Next generation Smart Device Services 2.0 leveraging the power of IoT, big data, machine learning and predictive diagnostics to transform how devices are serviced
- New A3 business printers and scanners including enhanced security features and performance
CHICAGO, Sept. 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HP Reinvent: World Partner Forum — Today at HP Reinvent, HP Inc.’s largest global partner event, the company shared its vision for protecting print in the workplace, arming partners with new tools to safeguard their print environment, reshape how businesses print, and transform servicing. As the path of work is reimagined for digital transformation, these new solutions are designed to take the friction out of printing for greater cyber-resilience, collaboration and mobility. View the online press kit here.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at
“HP is empowering our partners to deliver amazing experiences for customers by reinventing printing for an on-demand world,” said Enrique Lores, President, Imaging & Printing at HP Inc. “As the cyber landscape evolves and the path of work transforms, we will drive partner success with innovative new services and solutions for printing easily and securely, enabling increased services and revenue opportunities.”
Helping Customers Shut Down Malware Attacks by Raising the Bar on Embedded Printer Security
HP is the front-line partner to stay a step ahead of an increasingly challenging threat landscape, delivering trusted, resilient security that starts with endpoint devices. As the industry leader, the company engineers the world’s most secure printers1, that are secure by design, with powerful layers of protection for the device, data and documents to help organizations defend their network and company data.
At HP Reinvent, HP is launching HP Connection Inspector, a new intelligent embedded security feature created by HP Labs, to help printers stay one step ahead of malware attacks with advanced self-healing capabilities. The technology is unique in that it can inspect outbound network connections typically abused by malware, determine what is normal and then stop suspicious activity. If compromised, it will automatically trigger a reboot to initiate HP Sure Start self-healing procedures, all without IT intervention.
First in a series of new HP Labs security analytics innovations, partners can help customers upgrade their fleet with resilient HP Enterprise printers that feature the latest HP security technologies such as HP Connection Inspector, available via a FutureSmart firmware update later this year2.
Universal Business Printing with HP Roam Creates New Service and Revenue Opportunities
The workplace today is collaborative, flexible, project-oriented, and unbounded by time or geography. Across businesses large and small, mobility is transforming the workplace. Printing has not evolved to keep up with this new reality, and today it is still too difficult to print away from your desk, while working from other locations or from a mobile device.
HP Roam is a new universal business printing experience that will reshape how innovative businesses print. It enables mobile professionals to print anytime from any location and any device, and retrieve their prints securely from a growing set of print locations at the office, at home or at public sites. Print jobs can be submitted to the cloud as content is being consumed or created and picked up at the location of choice without having to worry about device to printer compatibility or connectivity. In addition, GPS and Bluetooth technologies allow for fast auto-discovery of printers while authentication ensures a protected, secure release of prints.
Key HP Roam features:
- One universal print experience – Replacing traditional drivers and mobile apps, users can print from any of their devices (mobile or desktop) by just selecting HP Roam instead of a specific printer
- Personal print queue – Securely add to and store print jobs in the cloud, retrievable at any time
- Auto-discovery – When users come within 20 feet of any HP Roam-enabled printer (in their office or their client’s office), the mobile app will send a notification reminder to release the prints in their cloud queue. If away from the office, the app will show a map with nearby public print locations including thousands of printers at hotels, libraries and airports
- Secure release via authentication – Select the items to be printed, verify identity using a mobile device, personal pin or ID card to select and release the prints securely
HP Roam helps simplify the print experience for customers while creating new service and revenue opportunities for partners. Resellers can expand and differentiate their managed print services to leverage the cloud, using a simple deployment that minimizes staff training and service costs.
Offered first as a business print solution, HP Roam will be available in spring 2018.
Enabling Paper Workflows to Move at the Speed of Digital with HP Solutions Hub
Today HP also announced the launch of HP Solutions Hub, a new workflow optimization platform for partners to differentiate their services with custom workflows for paper-intensive verticals such as healthcare, legal, and financial services. This cloud and mobile-centric architecture includes connectors and templates that make it easy to turn HP multifunction printers into custom work environments, so that paper becomes a natural extension of the digital experience.
The software development kit includes an open platform architecture designed to scale and customize to workflows in vastly different business environments, creating virtually unlimited opportunities for partners to grow and differentiate their offerings far beyond basic print services.
HP Solutions Hub allows for the creation of deeply integrated workflows that include mobile access as well as traditional sign-in for secure and context-sensitive experiences.
HP Solutions Hub is available in spring 2018.
Drive Higher Customer Satisfaction and Print Service Margins with Smart Device Services 2.0
Also at HP Reinvent, the company unveiled its next generation of Smart Device Services (SDS) 2.0, a set of cloud tools and device-based sensing capabilities designed to dramatically enhance the service experience. With Smart Device Services 2.0, HP is delivering new use cases to empower partners to achieve the industry's highest uptime and lowest service costs including:
- Part failure prediction—Monitors device components and provides chance-of-failure predictions to help optimize service calls and parts planning
- Enhanced diagnostics—Provides scanner dust detection, print engine failure sensor for core engine issues and improved problem analysis capabilities for unresponsive devices
- Fleet optimization—Offers remote remediation actions of USB connected devices and expanded HP fleet support
- Enhanced collection and billing—Continues improvement of data collection agent (DCA) reliability to detect and notify when DCA or devices go offline, and detect when a printer’s serial number is cleared
- Device health alert—Ability to select which events trigger real-time alerts, detect when long life consumables (LLC)’s service counts are not reset after replacement and ‘Report A Problem App’ on the device control panel for end users to proactively communicate with the reseller when printing problems occur