Des Plaines, IL, June 7, 2017 -- URISA is pleased to share the complete program details for GIS-Pro 2017, taking place October 23-26, 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida. Several topical themes emerged during the review of abstract submissions and ensuing program development meetings. URISA is pleased to offer comprehensive program tracks at GIS-Pro 2017:
GIS Leadership & Management - Many of us may be managers in our career, but are we truly leaders in our profession? Is your organization utilizing GIS to its full potential? Are you working with the right people, the right data? Do you have a strategic plan in place? If you are in management, these questions are pivotal to your success as a leader. This track will help you emerge from middle management to stand above and lead the next generation of organizations and the people within them.
- Begin with the "GIS Strategic Planning" or "Business Intelligence and Data Integration" workshop and take advantage of full programming designed for current and developing GIS managers and leaders.
GISP Exam Fundamentals - What? I now have to take an exam to earn my GISP? How can I prepare for such a broad base of knowledge on a subject such as GIS? From appends to z-values, learn about the key subject areas in the Body of Knowledge, used to develop the GISCI Core Technical Knowledge Exam. Cover important ethical considerations, portfolio development, and learn some tips to help you prepare to take the exam. This is a must attend track for anyone thinking about becoming certified.
- Take the workshop that is most important to your work requirements and then take part in this full program track, ending with a GISP practice exam.
NextGen 9-1-1 - The next generation of 9-1-1 is upon us and GIS is the future of finding those in need of assistance. As NextGen9-1-1 (NG911) technology is adopted by more emergency call centers, the need for precise, current GIS data, and the people who manage that data, is crucial for locating calls for service. But what does a GIS professional need to know to perform their job effectively in the NG911 environment? This track and the associated URISA workshops on NG911 will provide the digital details, the management methods, and the information you need to become an effective partner with the 9-1-1 professionals in your locale.
- Take any of the workshops dedicated to emergency response and NG911 and then dive deep into a full line-up of sessions to help you move your organization forward.
Emerging Technologies - As a GIS Professional, we all wonder how new trends in technology will change our profession. From mitigating risk of infectious diseases to using 3D GIS to model facilities and future growth, this track will bring the new technology into focus, allowing us to make informed decisions and increase our understanding of the latest advancements in our field.
- Choose the all-encompassing workshop on "UAS Operational Requirements for the GIS Professional" or learn about the capabilities of FEMA's Hazus-MH and follow up with numerous sessions highlighting technology achievements.
Transportation and Asset Management - The fundamentals of asset management are: What do you own? What condition is it in? Where is it located? Historically these questions were answered with paper and ink, see how GIS can improve your asset management systems. From an enterprise perspective to Intelligent Transportation Systems, this track will help you gain knowledge to improve or enhance your current asset technology.
- Start with the full-day workshop "Asset Management: Planning, Strategy and Implementation" and attend focused sessions on Wednesday
Young Professionals: Inspiring the Future of GIS - URISA understands the importance of young professionals and to this end we have called upon our seasoned members, with the assistance of our Vanguard Cabinet, to help create a track with a focus on Generation Z. This generation grew up only knowing internet-capable phones and social media and are the future leaders of our industry. How will they shape the future? What tools or technologies will they be using? This track will help our next generation of professionals learn and prepare for working and succeeding in our industry and the future of GIS.
- Choose the workshop of most importance to your work and then take advantage of a full 3-day track on sessions targeted to your development
- 8 full and half-day workshops (one included with full registration fee)
- 2 powerhouse keynotes
- 100+ individuals speaking in 40 breakout sessions
There is something for GIS professionals at all stages of their careers at GIS-Pro 2017! Take some time to review all of the opportunities and details at www.gis-pro.org.