MAX14819 delivers a fully-compliant IO-Link solution with integrated framer and L+ supply controllersSAN JOSE, Calif., June 7, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — Designers of Industry 4.0 applications can now achieve robust communications and reduce power dissipation by 50% with the MAX14819 dual-channel, IO-Link master transceiver from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- Find more information about MAX14819: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX14819
- Watch a video about Maxim's dual IO-Link master transceiver: http://bit.ly/MAX14819_Video
- Download a hi-res image of MAX14819: http://bit.ly/MAX14819_Image
- Download a block diagram of MAX14819: http://bit.ly/MAX14819_Block_Diagram
Today's fanless programmable logic controller (PLC) and IO-Link gateway systems must dissipate large amounts of power depending on IO configuration (IO-Link, digital input/output, analog input/output). As these PLCs evolve into new Industrial 4.0 smart factories, special attention must be considered to achieve smarter, faster, and lower power solutions while also meeting IO-Link and standard IO (SIO) compliance.
Maxim continues to provide a portfolio of advanced factory automation solutions that creates pathways toward achieving Industry 4.0. The unique architecture of the MAX14819 dissipates 50% less heat compared to other IO-Link Master solutions and is fully compatible in all modes for IO-Link and SIO compliance. Robust L+ supply controllers with settable current limiting and reverse voltage/current protection help ensure robust communications with the lowest power consumption. With just one microcontroller, the integrated framer/universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART) enables the most scalable and cost-effective architecture while enabling the industry's fastest cycle times (up to 400 microseconds) and reducing latency. The MAX14819 is available in a 48-pin (7mm x 7mm) TQFN package and operates over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range. Applications include IO-Link master systems and IO-Link gateways.
- Low Power Dissipation: Low on-resistance, low supply current, and optimized current limiter architecture for significantly lower power consumption
- High Performance: Integrated internal framer/UART enables the most flexible architecture while still achieving the fastest cycle times to achieve the lowest bill of materials (BOM) cost by eliminating the UART dependency from the microcontroller
- Robust: 65V absolute maximum ratings and reverse polarity protection help to meet full compliance with IO-Link (1.1.2) and SIO (IEC61131-2, IEC61131-9) modes; also operates with NPN type sensors
- "Maxim's experience with implementing IO-Link into their products brings a powerful presence in our efforts to further adopt this technology in the market," said Mr. Shinichi Motoyoshi, Chairman of Japanese PROFIBUS Organization. "With the recent launch of Japan's IO-Link community this past April and significant growth in this market, Maxim's new product announcement is very timely."
- "As a member of the IO-Link Consortium and the Japanese PROFIBUS Organization, products like Maxim's new IO-Link transceiver demonstrates the company's strong commitment to provide customers with high-performing, ultra-low power solutions for the industrial market," said Timothy Leung, Executive Business Manager of Industrial & Healthcare at Maxim Integrated. "The MAX14819 enhances Maxim's IO-Link technology portfolio to advance the concept of flexible manufacturing and improve both factory throughput and operational efficiency."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX14819 is available for $6.03 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors
- An evaluation kit is available for $99: MAX14819EVKIT
- The MAXREFDES145# reference design is available: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAXREFDES145
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxims-dual-io-link-master-transceiver-ensures-robust-communications-with-50-lower-power-for-industry-40-applications-300469013.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
|Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.