NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - May 15, 2017) - Infor, a leading provider of beautiful business applications specialized by industry and built for the cloud, today announced an enhanced functionality for Infor Public Sector Suite (IPS), formerly known as Hansen, to further improve the way public agencies address utilities and infrastructure management. The latest iteration of IPS delivers significant enrichments to the existing application suite, including more robust functionality, intuitive integrations and expanded deployment options. This latest iteration introduces a new, comprehensive mobile solution with deep GIS integration, designed specifically for the needs of users in the field. These improvements to IPS have been driven by user feedback, and augment existing functionalities to drive collaboration and deliver value to meet the needs of organizations within the public sector and government.
- Improved Mobile & GIS - IPS is now available as a free download for users of the Apple iOS 9.0 or later. The mobile app includes functionality for Routing and Notifications, and replaces Google Maps with ESRI as its standard geographic information systems (GIS) provider. The new Routing function is designed to help users optimize the efficiency of their delivery runs.
- Enhanced Billing Management - Several major upgrades have been implemented to the IPS billing system. These improvements now allow users to classify accounts by assigning different characteristics and formats to simplify record keeping. The Billing system specifies the roles in which internal contacts can be associated with the accounts for which they are responsible, allow for debit schedule and debit plan lists to be set. Other new functions include a My Infor account management set up to assist with Sundry Billing, Budget Billing Payment Review, Payments Only Arrangement Review and Batch Manager.
- Optimized Community Development & Regulator (CDR) App - This release allows IPS customers to use parcels and properties as primary sites on license applications, apply group add functionality to the Trade License module, and create Planning, Project, and License applications from the Map Browser.
"Modern public service agencies are facing greater challenges than years past as budgets continue to shrink and the demand for innovative technologies increase. To help face down these challenges, we have listened to our customers and designed strategic enhancements to the Infor Public Sector Suite, to provide a budget conscious product suite that improves the way public needs are addressed," said Kevin Curry, senior vice president, Infor. "Infor Public Sector delivers a set of tools that are tailor made to fit the industry-specific needs of public agencies and government organizations."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor builds business software for specific industries in the cloud. With 15,000 employees and over 90,000 customers in more than 170 countries, Infor software is designed for progress. To learn more, please visit www.infor.com.
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
For more information: Dan Baker Infor 312-206-6041 Email Contact