More than 100 Companies to Showcase at SVVR Including Immersion, Oculus, Altar, Atcarta, BioflightVR, Deepoon, Gala360, Noys, Redrock Biometrics, and More; SVVR Announces Expansion into AsiaSAN JOSE, Calif., March 29, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — The fourth annual Silicon Valley Virtual Reality (SVVR) Conference and Expo kicks off today in what has become the premier event for the global virtual reality (VR) industry. More than 100 companies from North America, Europe and Asia will gather to demonstrate and discuss the latest in VR innovation, from new developments in content creation hardware and software, streaming technology and consumer devices; to breakthrough vertical VR applications in health/science, education/training, real estate, security; new games and entertainment experiences; and more. SVVR runs today through Friday, March 31 at the San Jose Convention Center.
To better meet the needs of the growing international VR industry, SVVR also announced its expansion into Asia with SVVR Japan and SVVR Korea. More details to be announced soon at www.svvr.com.
"SVVR started as the first and continues to be the largest VR meetup community, and today is the event of choice for industry insiders worldwide looking to showcase, discover and discuss the latest advancements and opportunities in all applications of VR," said Karl Kratz, co-founder of SVVR. "From content creators to production tools, wearable devices, haptics technology and more, the companies participating in SVVR are at the forefront of driving innovation in VR which is so necessary to ensure industry growth."
Some of the news highlights delivered by companies participating in SVVR included:
- AltspaceVR: AltspaceVR's new framework for development provides the fastest way to build shared virtual reality (VR) experiences. It includes an expanded library of assets and the ability for VR web applications to access native game engine features. Developers can create content using standard web technologies, host it anywhere on the web, and have it instantly available to people in AltspaceVR.
- Baobab: Animation pioneer, Baobab Studios, is leading the merge between Hollywood and Virtual Reality with their award-winning and Emmy-nominated VR animation INVASION! starring Ethan Hawke and second interactive animation ASTEROIDS! starring Elizabeth Banks. The producing team of Roth/Kirschenbaum Films is turning the characters and story of INVASION! into a feature film and the studios' third animation, Rainbow Crow, their most powerful experience to-date with a diverse cast of all-star talent, will premiere at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival next month.
- ImmerVision: The VR industry faces major challenges to deliver on user mass adoption. ImmerVision is collaborating with product leaders to bring 360° devices that are easy to capture and share vivid, life like VR content across multiple platforms – enabling the vision of mass use of VR.
- Kenzan Studios: Kenzan Studios launches Kenzan Arena, the first cutting edge VR playground that has profitability in its DNA. Developed in collaboration with Noitom, the free roaming playground combines both physical and virtual objects and will be the biggest of its kind. Kenzan Arena will launch with four Kenzan Studios Original games including a multiplayer shooter and a multiplayer escape room.
- Noitom: Over the last year, since debuting Project Alice at SVVR 2016, Noitom has made many advances with the system, testing it with many projects and services all over the world. The company has gained critical experience in education, product display and various verticals that have helped it to fine-tune and make it even better. This year, the biggest steps Noitom has taken is to incorporate its Hi5 VR Glove into Project Alice and with the help of its partners, created a very complete software platform that offers a solid VR solution. About Project Alice: http://noitom.com/index.php/solutions/project-alice.
- SuperData Research: Stephanie Llamas, vice president of research and strategy, and head of VR/AR strategy at SuperData Research, shared findings, including that the rise in consumer adoption of VR devices is expected to drive revenue to $40B by 2020. As a featured speaker at the SVVR Expo, Stephanie will present more findings from "The Virtual Consumer," a state of the consumer VR industry analysis from SuperData, that provides detailed data on consumers, their sentiments, and behaviors across the VR landscape.
- Tequila Works: The Invisible Hours is a complex, murder mystery VR science thriller, which allows players to freely explore an intricate web of interwoven stories within a sprawling old mansion, in order to untangle a dark truth. Developed by Madrid-based Tequila Works in partnership with GameTrust, The Invisible Hours sets the stage for a deeply immersive theater VR experience.
SVVR is an industry-focused event for all verticals in VR, bringing together top names in VR research, engineering, development, entertainment and enterprise services to discuss the latest trends, exhibit innovations and showcase the future of VR. This year's keynotes will be delivered by Nonny de la Peña, CEO of Emblematic Group, Tony Parisi, Head of VR and AR at Unity Technologies, Kent Bye, host of Voices of VR podcast, and Rikard Steiber, SVP of Virtual Reality, HTC.
For further information and assets, please visit https://www.zebrapartners.net/svvr2017/.
SVVR is the biggest VR industry event of the year where the VR community from around the world and across all verticals, gather in Silicon Valley each Spring to unveil the latest innovations, connect with leaders and build business relationships with top brands looking to grow engagement through VR. SVVR started as the very first VR industry event. Passionate about VR, the SVVR team, including original co-founders Karl Krantz and Nana Usui, have been facilitating a community of VR professionals through Meetups and industry events since 2013.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/svvr-2017-shines-global-spotlight-on-latest-in-vr-technology-and-entertainment-300430956.html
Zebra Partners, Perry Krasnove
Email Contact 732-580-0275