Latest Software Provides Messaging Storage Encryption, Dongle Offline Licensing and Enterprise Manager EnhancementsIRVINE, Calif., Feb. 7, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division, today announced the next release version of IPedge® 1.7.4 for its IPedge family of on-site VoIP business communications solutions. This latest software version adds powerful applications and features related to security, including a new offline license dongle solution, encryption of stored voice and fax messages to help organizations achieve HIPAA compliance. In addition, V1.7.4 makes improvements to system programming and troubleshooting as well as to user features such as auto attendant dialing and meet-me audio conferencing.
"Security is a key consideration when purchasing an IP business phone system. In response to customer and dealer demand, we've implemented new security features in IPedge 1.7.4 to provide more configuration options, enabling further system isolation to help meet regulatory requirements and their own security directives," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager for Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
V1.7.4 is the culmination of valuable feedback gathered by Toshiba Tech Support, Sales App and Sales Engineering teams. Key enhancements include the following:
- A new dongle offline licensing option allows the customer to license an IPedge or IPedge App Server without the need for public Internet access. This is useful in government and hospital scenarios, for example, where public Internet access may not be allowed for security reasons.
- The built-in IPedge Messaging capability is now able to help organizations achieve HIPAA compliance and provides a system-wide option to encrypt all voice mail and fax messages stored in the system.
- Technical improvements within the Enterprise Manager system management tool make programming easier and faster. New programming optimizations allow technicians to navigate more quickly between programming screens.
- A new Enterprise Manager QoS troubleshooting tool helps technicians assess call quality issues in real-time. Technicians can view and search Mean Opinion Scores (MOS) and other valuable metrics such as packets sent/received, jitter, delay and packet loss for all completed calls.
- Auto Attendant Dialing allows the dialing of an extension via the auto attendant without having to create an additional mailbox, which reduces cost.
- An enhanced Conference View and Scheduler for the built-in Meet Me Audio Conference capability lets users view a list of participants anytime, including before the start of a meeting. It also takes advantage of improved calendar integration when scheduling a conference.
IPedge 1.7.4 software is now available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the six business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into three focus business fields: Energy that sustains everyday life, that is cleaner and safer; Infrastructure that sustains quality of life; and Storage that sustains the advanced information society. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of 550 consolidated companies employing 188,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 5.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) (as of March 31, 2016).
To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For additional information, or to purchase Toshiba telecommunication products, visit
http://www.telecom.toshiba.com for an Authorized Toshiba Dealer.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2017 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/toshiba-addresses-security-and-more-with-ipedge-174-300403426.html
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division
|Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division