EXTON, Pa. — January 25, 2017 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated,announces Optioneering Center, cloud-based services made available on the Connection Center, that will help engineers win more business, design safer and more effective structures, and improve operational efficiency.
The initial Optioneering Center offerings include four cloud services for structural and offshore engineers:
- Scenario Services for scalable, simultaneous, cloud-based analysis of alternate STAAD or SACS design models and powerful Web visualization capabilities to compare and communicate scenarios;
- Analytical Insights delivered initially for RAM Structural users to provide automated quality assurance review and provide insight and recommendations for improved design performance;
- Design Services, starting with the popular RAM SBeam design utility;
- Mobile Services providing Structural Navigator on iOS for issue resolution to facilitate field-to-office collaboration.
Scenario Services allows quick, visual comparison of the performance of multiple design alternatives.
Key capabilities include the ability to:
- Analyze multiple design alternatives simultaneously on the cloud using Scenario Services for STAAD.Pro or SACS;
- Visually compare and communicate performance tradeoffs of designs with Scenario Services and STAAD;
- Identify areas of designs that are unsafe, costly, or not constructible with Analytical Insights;
- Perform component-based design quickly with Design Services;
- Enable BIM review with Structural Mobile Services connecting site-to-office for data collection and markup capabilities with Structural Navigator.
All services are offered under a consumption-based Bentley Optioneering Visa, which allows users to scale the number of users to meet project needs. The Optioneering Visa services enable users to win projects through the ability to provide clients more conceptual alternatives in a short time and reduces risk by identifying areas of the design that have variance from historic norms and corporate standards. It also improves operational efficiency by facilitating flow of information from office to field and back.
Raoul Karp, VP, development, analytical modeling, with Bentley, said, “With the new Scenario Services, structural engineers can leverage their STAAD.Pro design experience to perform parametric studies and investigate almost any number of design alternatives in virtually the same time it takes to consider a single design. Also, users can take advantage of the power of the cloud to do more than just analyze their models. They can also now visually compare the performance of design alternatives together with any stakeholder to select the optimal designs.”
Ben Rogowski, P.E., project engineer, John A. Martin & Associates, said, “Structural Insights will help us reduce our firm’s risk by ensuring that designs conform to our standards. It’s also a great way to save time by allowing management to quickly review design progress without having to print out a bunch of plans and elevations, or even opening the design application. And further, with the ability to compare against historical projects we will be able to quickly identify where, and then how, to improve our designs.”
STAAD.Pro enables engineers to design any type of structure and share synchronized model data among their entire design team. Regardless of complexity, users can deliver steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and cold-formed steel projects on time and on budget. Engineers can confidently design structures anywhere in the world using over 80 international codes, reducing the need to learn multiple software applications. With STAAD.Pro’s flexible modeling environment and advanced features such as dynamic change revisions and management, firms can provide accurate and economical designs to their clients and quickly turnaround change requests.
About RAM Structural System
RAM Structural System helps engineers efficiently produce high-quality and economical designs, using various concrete, steel, and joist building materials; all in compliance with local building codes. Firms can use RAM Structural System to design anything from individual components to large-scale building and foundations maximizing their software investment with fully integrated applications for complete building analysis, design, and drafting for both steel and concrete structures. Engineers can easily share structural data with applications such as Bentley’s AECOsim Building Designer, Revit, and Tekla, and through Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) workflows. About SACS SACS helps engineers improve design quality and predict offshore structural performance using a unified analysis environment that enables the efficient exploration of alternatives. Users can streamline processes with automated structural workflows to apply specialized analyses essential to any offshore project. This includes nonlinear structural analysis and dynamic response analysis due to environmental loads, impact effects, and severe accidental loading. Operational safety is improved by allowing engineers to analyze ship impact and dropped objects, and minimize risk through offshore-specific load generation. Engineers can efficiently visualize complex structural response via interactive graphical review of analysis and fatigue, thus avoiding rework and potential project delays.