Nov 17, 2016 -- The Objective: Improving the engineering, prototyping and manufacturing lead time for furniture designed for retail stores and expedite the delivery to customers.
- 2D working environment leading to unnecessary human errors and rework
- Excessive time consumed in designing, prototyping and manufacturing customized furniture
- Repetitive design tasks stretching the development schedule
- Design process not aligned with the manufacturing capabilities
- Delivery process lacking quality control and affecting the customer experience
Hi-Tech performed a preliminary study on the design and manufacturing capabilities of the client through several onsite visits and developed a process to achieve the objectives. The 2D workflow was first converted to 3D to enhance the product visualization and help engineers and shop floor personnel to understand design intent clearly.
Utilizing an experienced team of mechanical engineers, Hi-Tech implemented automation in several areas of the design process aligned as per the manufacturing capabilities. The approach helped client in implementing the DFM strategy and gain benefits of reducing the manufacturing lead time while reducing the wastage. The team also provided a defect tracking and process quality checks to strengthen and boost the product delivery process.
- Engineering time Reduced from 5 days to same day completion
- 2 - 3 iterations and numerous quality checks reduced to single stage
- Design passed prototype tests at nearly 100% accuracy
- Opportunity to bring products to market faster with less effort and cost
For more information visit https://goo.gl/7bAusl