Easy access to assets within editing environment among many new time-saving features of axle 2016BOSTON, March 16, 2016 — (PRNewswire) —
BOSTON, March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- NAB 2016 (Booth SL15416). axle Video is launching the newest version of its radically simple media management system, axle 2016, with an emphasis on greater efficiency and power. The new Plug-In Panel feature of axle 2016 puts axle media management into Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC through an axle interface window, allowing editors to search, browse, and import clips without leaving the application. The new feature brings important capabilities to the popular editing system, especially for small to midsize video teams, for whom traditional MAM systems may be unaffordable or too complex.
"It's great to be able to search for everything right from inside Adobe Premiere Pro CC," said Sergio Miranda of Serril Media, a small postproduction house in Santa Monica. "The editors on our documentary projects are already finding great ways to collaborate with the panel from their laptops; axle is always pushing the envelope on making it easy to do great creative work."
axle 2016, the fifth major release of axle Video's core software, contains refinements and features mostly based on feedback from the company's active and rapidly expanding user community. In addition to the Adobe Premiere Plug-In Panel, other important features include expanded search capabilities, real-time status monitoring, improved administration, and large text fields that can replace separate text documents for logging and transcription.
Sam Bogoch, CEO of axle Video, said "Now Adobe Premiere Pro CC editors not only have a simple way to instantly find, review, and use any clip in online or archive storage, but they can effortlessly collaborate with producers, loggers, assistants, and clients in pre-edit, edit, and review and approval workflows. Taken with the improved search, dashboard, administration, and enhanced text fields, axle 2016 is an important release for axle Video and a free, high-value upgrade for our customers on axle Support."
Axle 2016 key feature summary
- New axle Panel for Adobe Premiere Pro CC A plug-in that saves time and effort and improves creativity by allowing Adobe Premiere Pro users to instantly access and use any media managed by axle 2016 and the core axle search features from within their editing environment.
- Elastic search. Use multiple key words in the search window to get a more precise search result, rather than cumbersome multi-tier searches. An enhanced Advanced Search capability with field-by-field criteria supplements the core Elastic Search technology.
- OSX Status Application – First-ever native OSX application for axle, this gives administrators the ability to directly view and reset status of all axle processes, including Apache webserver, Elastic search engine, Postgres SQL database, mounted high-res and proxy volumes, and more.
- Improved Process Monitoring - Users and administrators can see the progress of transcodes, ingests, active users and other activity in real time.
- Improved administration. axle has made the process of adding users and managing their detailed privileges simpler and more powerful. Axle's system lets administrators control the fine-grained access to specific folders as well as user capabilities per folder.
- Large text fields. A free-form text search field can now contain over 1,000 characters, allowing notes, memos, and other video or project-related information to be searchable and permanently linked with media.
Pricing and availability
axle Video 2016 software is shipping at NAB 2016 next month and starts at $995 for 2 users.
Typical axle Gear system configurations are priced between $10,000 and $25,000 including hardware and installation.
axle Video is holding a webinar tomorrow, Wednesday March 16, at 11AM EST, to expand and demonstrate the features of axle 2016 and answer in-depth questions from the press, resellers and customers. Registration is at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3068749420147873025
About axle Video
axle Video ( www.axlevideo.com) is the pioneer in developing radically simple media management software. It solutions help small to mid-size organizations improve the way they create, share and store digital video content with media management solutions that are easy to install, use and afford. Its radically simple media management uniquely addresses a burgeoning need and has caught on rapidly among video professionals in post-production, education, broadcast, corporate, sports, house of worship, non-profit, advertising-marketing, and government organizations worldwide. At its introduction, axle Video's software was recognized with the IBC 2012 Best of Show award and at NAB 2013 with the prestigious DV Magazine Black Diamond and Post Picks awards. axle Video is a privately held company; its founders have extensive industry experience in media asset management for creative applications. Learn more at www.axlevideo.com.
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUjeAYG4aEw
Media Contact: Katy Scott, axle Video, LLC, 617-262-9222, Email Contact
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE axle video LLC
|axle video LLC