Large, diverse ecosystem of alliance partners make it faster and easier for customers to deploy and get value from Teradata technology
SAN DIEGO, May 5, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the big data analytics and marketing applications company, today announced that a large, diverse ecosystem of alliance partners have tested their solutions for compatibility and will support Teradata Database 15.
"We thank our partners for their overwhelming support of this new database release," said Chris Twogood, vice president product and services, Teradata Labs. "When the Teradata Database is used with best-of-breed partner applications, customers can leverage multiple systems, advanced analytical techniques, modern programming languages, and diverse data types for new, powerful business insights."
Customers are better able to leverage Teradata's advanced database features to drive their business initiatives when they use compatible partner solutions. Teradata Database 15 delivers technology advances in several areas:
- Teradata QueryGrid - Teradata QueryGrid™ software enables bi-directional data movement and pushdown processing on data where it resides, while minimizing overall data movement and duplication. It provides a single, seamless coordination point for self-service access to data and analytics across multiple disparate systems, within and beyond the Teradata® Unified Data Architecture™.
- JSON Data - Organizations can integrate Java Script Object Notation (JSON) data into the Teradata Database and apply all of the powerful database features and functionality to analysis of the data. This enables organizations to quickly leverage the data and monetize the Internet of Things.
- Developer Friendly - With the addition of Perl, Python, and Ruby scripting languages that run directly in the database, developers are empowered to interact with the Teradata Database using the tools and skills they already have.
- Extended Analytics – Enhancements to Teradata Temporal capability and the addition of new 3-D Geospatial data continues to make it easy for partners and customers to use sophisticated analytics.
- Enterprise Enabled - Continued enhancements that deliver the highest levels of availability and supportability make it possible for organizations to run their business on a Teradata integrated data warehouse.
Teradata Unified Data Architecture
The capabilities of the Teradata Database have been significantly enhanced by the Teradata Unified Data Architecture. The Teradata UDA is an analytic ecosystem, which embraces the flow of large, fast-moving datasets, enables analytics at different degrees of integration, and supports an open model for data acquisition and discovery. It matches a variety of workload requirements to the right economics.
"SAS and Teradata continue to share a common vision for integrated analytics in the Teradata UDA. The Teradata QueryGrid capabilities are an excellent way to work with data in a multi-system Teradata – Hadoop environment. SAS continues to expand our advanced analytics capabilities with Teradata Database 15, including plans for continued integration with Teradata Table Operators," said Craig Rubendall, vice president, SAS Research and Development.
"Hadoop provides the underpinnings for next-generation data architectures like Teradata's Unified Data Architecture," said Herb Cunitz, president, Hortonworks. "Teradata Database 15, with Teradata QueryGrid capability, provides easy and fast bi-directional access to data in the Hortonworks Data Platform, enabling enterprises to discover analytic insights that drive new innovations."
"With Teradata QueryGrid, organizations can efficiently incorporate data from other sources in their data warehouse focused analyses," said Dan Jewett, Vice President of Product Management, Tableau. "Tableau helps business users quickly visualize the results of analytics, and share the information throughout the enterprise."
Global Best-of-Breed Partners
Teradata partners provide customers with a variety of choices for analytics, data integration, systems management, security, and vertical industry-specific solutions. These partners have tested and support Teradata Database 15: Ab Initio; Ataccama; Atanasoft; Aptitude Software, a microgen plc company; Attunity; Ayasdi; Business-Insight SPRL; Celebrus Technologies Limited, an IS Solutions Company; Cloudera; esri; Fuzzy Logix; Hortonworks; HP Security Voltage; IBM Campaign; IBM Cognos Business Intelligence; IBM InfoSphere Information Integration and Governance (Information Server, Data Replication, Optim); IBM InfoSphere Guardium; IBM SPSS Modeler; IBM SPSS Statistics; Informatica; Information Builders; Logi Analytics; MapR; Microsoft; MicroStrategy; Openet; Oracle Business Intelligence; Oracle Data Integration; Protegrity; Qlik; Revolution Analytics; Safe Software; SAP; SAS; Tableau; Talend; TIBCO; Trillium Software, a Harte Hanks Company; Vision Solutions; Ward Analytics; WhereScape; and Zementis.
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) helps companies get more value from data than any other company. Teradata's leading portfolio of big data analytic solutions, integrated marketing applications, and services can help organizations gain a sustainable competitive advantage with data. Visit teradata.com.
Get to know Teradata:
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Teradata and the Teradata logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teradata Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and worldwide.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/customers-can-achieve-unmatched-analytic-ability-with-teradata-database-compatible-partner-solutions-300075850.html
Daniel Conway, Teradata Corporation, San Diego, 858-485-3029