New Windows 8 Mobile Tablet App Helps Companies Accelerate Product Realization with Visual Collaboration
ANDOVER, Mass. and Munich, Germany, Jan 28, 2015 – Aras®, the next leader in enterprise Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, today announced the release of Aras Flow, an integrated mobile tablet app for Aras Innovator 11. For the first time in PLM, change workflows are combined with discussion commenting, visualization and markup in a tablet format. With Aras Flow, teams from engineering, operations, quality and the supply chain can communicate on-the-go to make decisions quickly and keep new product initiatives moving.
Aras Flow Demo http://aras.com/plm/002836
Aras Flow provides mobile access to “my work right now” in PLM. When in meetings, on the factory floor, traveling to suppliers or visiting customers, people are able to securely participate in discussions about product designs, view drawings, redline models, and sign-off on changes.
“Aras Flow mobile-enables key aspects of PLM by combining review & approval with our new visual collaboration capabilities,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “Whether you’re in a prototype lab or out in the field, Aras Flow provides mobile-specific capabilities that can help you describe product issues more accurately such as taking a picture and sketching notes, capturing a video or recording audio which can be added to a discussion.”
Aras Flow Highlights
· Voting, e-signature and task checklist
· Touch enabled viewing of 3D models, drawings and other items
· Discussion threads and commenting in product structure context
· Redline markup and sketches with touch or pen on any file content
· Ability to take photos, videos and audio recordings and add to discussions
· Handwriting recognition turns notes into text
· Live tile updates show change status and new comments on Start screen
· Ability to pin change workflows to Start screen for real-time status update
· Includes demo mode with sample data
Aras Flow is available for free in the Windows Store at http://aras.com/plm/002835
We offer the best Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for global businesses with complex products and processes. Advanced PLM platform technology makes Aras more scalable, flexible and secure for the world’s largest organizations, and a full set of applications provide complete functionality for companies of all sizes. Customers include GE, GETRAG, Hitachi, Honda, Motorola, Textron and XEROX. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass. More at www.aras.com and Twitter @aras_plm
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.