SIMPLE SWITCHER® nano power regulator delivers 94.6-percent peak efficiency in 30-mm2 footprintDALLAS, Feb. 3, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest 12-V, 750-mA DC/DC power regulator. The SIMPLE SWITCHER® regulator features high performance and tiny nano packaging to drive space-constrained and power dense applications in a variety of markets, including consumer, industrial and automotive. Packing a number of features into a 2.56-mm2 package, the nano power regulator makes it easier for engineers to design a power supply for their system, and along with TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool, simplifies and speeds the process. For more information, samples and an evaluation module, visit www.ti.com/lmr22007-pr.
The 750-mA LMR22007 switching regulator features a low-current mode to maintain efficiency under light-load conditions. Control architecture provides fast transient performance and excellent regulation under varying input and output conditions. The LMR22007 delivers up to 750 mA of continuous load current with the addition of an adjustable input current limit, which protects the source supply during start-up by preventing excessive inrush currents. A complete 12-V, VIN to VOUT LMR22007 power supply design measures less than 30 mm2 with as few as three external components.
The LMR22007 joins TI's portfolio of over 50 SIMPLE SWITCHER power regulators with current ranges from 100 mA to 5A designed for wide-input voltage range applications. For more information on TI's wide VIN product portfolio, click here.
LMR22007 key features and benefits
- The 750-mA nano regulator operates over a wide 2.7 V to 20 V input voltage range, delivers an output voltage from 0.9 V to 5.5 V and survives VIN transients to 24V. Applications include single to multiple Li-ion cells, USB, 5-VIN and 12-VIN power supplies.
- Integrated synchronous MOSFET delivers peak efficiency of 94.6 percent.
- Control architecture requires no loop compensation and provides ultra-fast transient response.
- 9-pin, 1.6-mm by 1.6-mm by 0.5-mm CSP package features strategic pin placement that eliminates micro vias and requires as little as two layers of printed circuit board.
- Other features include internal compensation, internal soft start, input under-voltage protection, internal bootstrap capacitor and thermal shutdown.
About SIMPLE SWITCHER products from Texas Instruments
TI's award-winning portfolio of SIMPLE SWITCHER products includes more than 385 easy-to-use power modules, regulators and controllers. Supporting input voltage ranges from 3 V to 75 V, the products are pin-to-pin compatible and are fully functional in TI's WEBENCH Power Designer, Power Architect and FPGA Power Architect design and prototyping tools. Click here for more information on TI's SIMPLE SWITCHER product portfolio.
About WEBENCH tools from Texas Instruments
The WEBENCH Designer and Architect component libraries include more than 24,000 components from 120 manufacturers. Price and availability is updated hourly by TI's distribution partners for design optimization and production planning. Offered in eight languages, the user can compare complete system designs and make supply chain decisions in minutes. Click here to start a cost-free design in TI's WEBENCH design environment.
Availability and pricing
The LMR22007 nano power regulator is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors and is priced at US$0.89 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI's power portfolio:
- Get more information on all of TI's SIMPLE SWITCHER nano regulators.
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer.
- Search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts in the SIMPLE SWITCHER power management forum in the TI E2E™ Community.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SIMPLE SWITCHER and WEBENCH are registered trademarks and TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Gayle Bullock, Texas Instruments, 669-721-3133
Maemalynn Meanor, GolinHarris, 972-341-2564