Building the Enterprise Appstore for Construction
29 October 2013 - 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT
Presented by: Martin Wilson, VP Sales and Marketing, Appear
Reserve for this live webinar and earn 1.0 PDH
Mobile technology has tremendous potential to transform the way civil engineering and construction is delivered – throughout the lifecycle from planning through execution to decommissioning. This webinar illustrates how the EU project MobiCloud project is helping to deliver on this potential using a novel IT infrastructure for developing and managing construction orientated mobile applications.
- Learn how construction organizations can quickly mobile-enable their workforce (by making use of employee’s own devices) to securely and effectively interact with key business IT functions.
- See how mobile can be used to simplify the capture and distribution of key operational information.
- Learn how real-world construction site challenges such as lack of connectivity are being addressed.
- Hear from leading engineering solutions provider Costain about how they are using a Site Diary solution to achieve these goals
- The webinar includes a live demonstration of a tablet-based application which is replacing cumbersome paper-based records with which engineers record all the events taking place on a site.
Who is the webinar for?
- IT managers and operations managers in the construction and civil engineering industry
- Project managers & site engineers with an interest in how smartphones and tablets can be used on site
- Anyone interested in learning about how mobile and cloud technologies can be applied in industrial settings such as in construction
This webinar also introduces the EC funded MobiCloud project which is a corporate appstore infrastructure supported by the European Commission, consisting of an application container deployed in a smartphone or tablet connecting to corporate systems via a cloud-hosted platform.
Please forward this to colleagues who might be interested in participating in this complimentary webinar presented by Fiatech.
Past webinars are recorded and available for download in the
Fiatech Archived Webinars.
Be the first to review this article