New SDK Allows Developers to Quickly Create Engaging Engineering Applications that Work Across iOS and Android Devices
Bend, OR – October 15, 2013 – Today, Tech Soft 3D announces the launch of HOOPS Visualize for Mobile, a key product in its new suite of developer tools designed specifically to help software developers create robust, high-performance mobile applications.
Based on the same powerful core graphics engine in HOOPS Visualize for the desktop, HOOPS Visualize for Mobile enables developers to easily build dynamic graphics and intuitive touch interfaces into their mobile applications. Now, developers can create high performance, feature-rich applications across mobile platforms with a single 3D foundation.
“Whether you’re a large or small company in the engineering software industry, your developers are looking for great tools to speed up their move to mobile,” said Tech Soft 3D’s Director of Product Management, HOOPS Visualize, Rob Mazeffa. “We’re focused on powering the next generation of mobile applications in the same way that we have powered the industry’s go-to desktop software for nearly 20 years.”
Previously, creating engaging engineering mobile applications called on software developers to tackle all visualization coding efforts themselves. HOOPS Visualize for Mobile simplifies and accelerates this extremely time-consuming and challenging process, launching them several steps ahead so they can quickly create rich mobile applications.
Key features in this new SDK include:
● Untethered Desktop Visualization Tools: HOOPS Visualize for Mobile includes advanced features that used to be available only for desktop software. Features such as GPU shader effects, fast transparency, hidden-line rendering, sophisticated sectioning and cutting planes, and high-quality font rendering are now easy for developers to deliver through this high-level API.
● Rich, Flexible Scene Graph: With the core engine from proven HOOPS Visualize desktop technology, developers can create mobile applications that handle 3D, 2D, point cloud, text and image data in their scene with ease.
● High-Performance Algorithms: Optimized to handle large models, HOOPS Visualize for Mobile’s graphics technology ensures that graphics performance on mobile devices is fast and smooth, especially alongside an optimized OpenGL ES driver.
● Mobile UI Support: Includes intuitive, portable support for both iOS Cocoa Touch and Android SDK-Java touch interfaces.
● Leverage Latest Multi-core Devices: Provides a multi-threaded, fully thread-safe API that helps ensure scalable performance as hardware continues to evolve.
“Tech Soft 3D helps us provide superb product data intelligence solutions to our customers,” said Chris Jones, CEO and President of Actify. “We rely on HOOPS technology for our desktop, mobile and web-based solutions for high-performance visualization.”
Pricing and Availability:
HOOPS Visualize for Mobile is available for a free 60-day trial. Developers interested in exploring the capabilities of the API and building a prototype may request a free 60-day evaluation from www.techsoft3d.com.
About Tech Soft 3D:
Tech Soft 3D is the leading global B2D provider of engineering solutions that help software teams deliver successful applications. Established in 1996 and headquartered in Bend, Oregon, Tech Soft 3D has offices in California, France, England and Japan. The company’s product portfolio powers nearly 500 applications globally and includes the HOOPS suite of software tools, 3D PDF solutions and Autodesk OEM products. For more information, visit http://www.techsoft3d.com or contact (541) 383-4126.