TOKYO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 9, 2013 — Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it will launch SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) switch ICs that support the DisplayPort™ 1.2 (5.4Gbps) and 1.1a (2.7Gbps) digital display interfaces. The “TC7DP612MT” is designed for the ATX motherboard form factor, and the “TC7DP615MT” for the BTX motherboard form factor. Mass production is scheduled to start in December.
Toshiba: SPDT switch IC supporting the DisplayPort(TM) 1.2 (5.4Gbps) and 1.1a (2.7Gbps) digital display interfaces. (Photo: Business Wire)
The new ICs enable routing of 4-lane DisplayPort™ signals, a 1-lane auxiliary (AUX) signal and 2-line hot plug detect signals; they also support switching of HDMI® signals. The ICs reduce switch terminal capacitance and realize wide bandwidth characteristics of 10GHz at -3dB, securing high-speed transmission with lower signal degradation.
Key Features of New Products
1. Allow routing of DisplayPort™ signals (Data: 4 lanes, AUX signal: 1 lane, hot plug detect signals: 2 lines) or HDMI® signals (Data: 3 lanes, Clock signal: 1 lane, Control signal: 1 line, I2C bus: 2 lines, hot plug detect signals: 2 lines).
2. Operating voltage: VCC=3.0V to 3.6V
3. Wide -3dB bandwidth: 10GHz (Typ.) @ VCC=3.3V
4. Low insertion loss: IL=-1dB @VCC = 3.3V、f=2.7GHz
5. Low switch terminal on-resistance: CI/O=2.7pF (typ.) @VCC=3.3V
6. Package: TQFN56 package
Notebook PCs, mother boards for desktop PCs, servers and PC peripherals
* DisplayPort is a registered trademark of Video Electronics Standards
Association in the United States and/or other countries.
* HDMI is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
For further information about this product, please visit:
Small Signal Device Sales and Marketing Department
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Semiconductor & Storage Products Company
Takashi Mochizuki, +81-3-3457-4963