- Includes streamlined export options and new automation tools -
Toronto, ON, March 26, 2013 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of the PDF Maps app for iOS and geospatial plugins for Adobe Creative Suite, including Geographic Imager for Adobe Photoshop, is pleased to announce the release of MAPublisher 9.2 for Adobe Illustrator. This exciting release includes a number of new and exciting product enhancements. Export has been improved and streamlined to make it easier to quickly export MAP Views and MAP layers. Also included in this release are several new tools including Automation and Path Utilities.
"We're delighted to release MAPublisher 9.2 which includes improved export functionality and advanced map-making automation,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza. “Not only can our users create high-quality maps with MAPublisher, they can also use it to increase file interoperability across multiple platforms and overall workflow efficiency,” he added. “We've improved export to geospatial PDF because we are focused on delivering this very popular format to suit the needs in many industries and agencies in all levels of government and to make it easier to produce maps for our mobile PDF Maps platform.”
Enhancements and new features of MAPublisher 9.2
- Streamlined export document to geospatial PDF with clearer indications of how layers and attributes are being handled and exported to appear in Adobe Acrobat.
- Improved MAP View and MAP layer export with multiple layer export supported.
- Export document to image can export a georeferenced image of the entire artboard.
- New Automation tool to configure settings that initiate MAPublisher operations upon data import to automate map production, such as manage MAP Views, apply MAP Theme stylesheets, create grids and graticules, label using MAP LabelPro, and export to geospatial PDF.
- New Path Utilities tool to perform optimization actions on line and area layers.
- New ability to view attributes in a tear-off panel.
- Various user interface and performance enhancements to improve usability.
More about MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator
MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. MAPublisher tools leverage the superior graphics design capabilities of Adobe Illustrator to manipulate GIS data and to produce high-quality maps with accuracy and efficiency.
MAPublisher 9.2 for Adobe Illustrator is available free of charge to all MAPublisher users with an active maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance users at US$599. New licenses are US$1399. MAPublisher FME Auto and MAPublisher LabelPro are also available as add-ons to MAPublisher 9.2 at prices starting at US$399 per license. Academic, floating and volume pricing are also available. Prices include one year of full maintenance. Visit www.avenza.com/mapublisher for more details.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools to make better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services, as well as the PDF Maps app for purchasing and using maps on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.